Thursday, December 1, 2016

Balsa Wood Small Sculptures

Balsa Wood Small Sculptures





I used balsa wood, masking tape, wood glue and a nail for this piece. I got the balsa wood to bend through soaking it in water and bending it slowly with my fingers. I rolled thin strips of masking tape into spaghetti like figures that ended up looking like a person losing their scarf in the wind. My inspiration was a willow tree.

                                                                                                                                                                          ..                






I used balsa wood, paper and nails for this piece. My inspiration was my tambourine. I bent the balsa wood into a circle and poked the nails through then tied paper around them. The nail on each end of the stick creates a balance to the piece that reminds me of a teeter totter.







I used balsa wood, nails, paper and wood glue for this piece. My inspiration was at first a mouth with the nails being the facial hair then as I continued working it appeared to turn into a sea animal with a fin. I layered wood glue onto a cutting mat, let it dry then cut out a tongue shape. This piece also reminds me of a circus game, where you throw a ball into the clown's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment